Wherein Mike Warot describes a novel approach to computing which follows George Gilders call to waste transistors.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Introducing Bitgrid-Sim version 0.03

I've created a basic simulator for 1 cell of a bitgrid. The simulator currently is a Windows only application, but it's should be fairly easy to port to Linux should it be required later. Here's the first public screen shot:


The simulation shown is a pass through.... in this configuration the bitgrid cell acts as an expensive set of wires, passing signals straight through. It's useful for filler between active cells.

In this simulator you can edit the program (showing in the 4 areas of check boxes) and simulate inputs The checkboxes corresponding to the current set of inputs are highlighted red as a programming aid. You can save your work as well.

Users can load a few examples, or create there own.  In addition to creating a Google Code project site for it, I've also packaged up the Source, Executable and Examples and made it available as a zip file. It's small, and you just unzip it, and it should be ready to use.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I fix things, I take pictures, I write, and marvel at the joy of life. I'm trying to leave the world in better condition than when I found it.