Wherein Mike Warot describes a novel approach to computing which follows George Gilders call to waste transistors.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reconfigurable Systolic Array

I've been searching, and searching, and searching for anything that matches the Bitgrid in architecture... and I've found nothing... today's Google search is reconfigurable systolic array.

I get a lot of results, mostly academic (which means they are behind a paywall, and thus worthless). It does give me a better way to describe the bitgrid, though.

The bitgrid is a fine grained homogeneous 2d reconfigurable systolic array and/or mesh. It will be verified as to utility by simulation. I hope to popularize it with blogs, social media, and making a game out of it.

It is my belief that the flexibility of the LUT based approach more than makes up for the lack of dedicated routing and compute blocks.  Any inactive elements of the circuit are unclocked, and thus should be at very low power.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be a good fit for the OHPC project or not, I've got until August 6 to write a proposal.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I fix things, I take pictures, I write, and marvel at the joy of life. I'm trying to leave the world in better condition than when I found it.